Been bored lately. Cleaned up my laptop’s vent and replaced thermal paste.
Archive for Blogroll
Finally after months of search, found this Faultless Hot Iron Cleaner at Jalan Besar’s NTUC, that’s after patronising so many fairprice outlets! The online fairprice customer service email channel doesn’t suggest where I can find it in retail outlets after 3 weeks of communication.
This is one helluva great product to clean your iron sole plate without spoiling the gliding technology, check out the reviews on Amazon. You will notice it’s more than half price cheaper if you buy it in singapore (fairprice, cold storage, giant), I’ve only found it at Jalan Besar.
Hope this post helps someone in future.
It’s a tough choice between having Google Cloud Print, Duplex ADF, Fax.
This weekend I started to meddle with the print server capabilities of the router. I had prior experience with printer and scanner support during my work as a customer service executive with Canon Marketing Singapore. Canon never promised any support for products that were not sold with network access capabilities, and it is fair since we paid a lower price for this printer. My work requires me to test the printers at times to test is authenticity with some higher-end print servers. Thus I never had faith with print server technologies from 3rd party vendor unless they are proprietary. However, I was impressed with the Asus router since it supported scanning and printing from the multifunctional printer/scanner that hardly any hi-end print servers support. And it supports most of the operating system models as long as Canon provides driver support.
Asus did not provide any adequate instructions to the configuration of any typical/multifunctional supported list of printers with the router, yet it boost support for many of the printers you can find in the market during it’s launch period. The forums are not as active with their home support and I also highly doubt how much support they provide via email or phone support.
If you had previously connected the device printer to the same computer physically with drivers installed, the installation will be much easier. I will advise you to install the machine with the physical USB cable on the machine prior to setting up the wireless printing capability. However, if you hadn’t it is also possible. Both windows and mac are supported. If you are novice, there are links below you should click on as you go.
Generally the steps are similar to the ones in the youtube video provided by Asus, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neFK-I_G90w. If you are new to this, please go through the YouTube video first!
I’m running Asus RT56U with Padawan’s 3rd-party firmware (v 18.104.22.168-064), it shouldn’t matter if you are actually using the original firmware. Since padawan’s version is based off the original firmware.
Here’s how I got it running,
1. Connect the Canon MFP to Asus RT56U physically using USB cable
2. Access your Asus Router page typically (http://192.168.1.1) on your browser to check that your printer has been recognised. See image below.
File Description from Asus Website
“Utility supports MFP (Multi-function Peripheral, MFP or All-in-One Printer) version 22.214.171.124
This utility can help you set up the USB printer to connect to the router, and use EZ printer sharing in Windows OS.”
OS Support: Win 2003 / Win XP / Win Vista / Win 7 / Win 8
4. Run the setup file (Printer.exe) inclusive in the archived file.
5. By now, your printer and scanner should work off-the-bat since you had the driver installed previously. Test it and give it a go.
However if you hadn’t, I would recommend you first to restart the computer and see any prompt appears for you to install the driver of the printer. Or whether it has automatically been installed. Check the device and printer page if the printer has been installed. If not these are the steps you should try. These also works for Mac.
1. Manually add the printer under Devices and Printer (full instructions windows here and mac here). Specify the driver, select a local LPT or COM port to complete the installation. Then under the broken printer’s Printer Properties, add a Standard TCP/IP Port and specify LPRServer under Queue Name. Press Ok button twice and try printing again.
2. Now restart your computer. Magically another copy of the printer labelled ‘Canon MP258 series Printer Copy 2’ will be installed. This is the one you should be keeping as it will allow you to scan and print immediately. You can delete the other printer.
I hope all these works, if nothing works for you, post in the comments. I will usually reply you within a day or week.
I’m a singaporean guy who loves travelling, and immersing into the life of others to experience their cultures. Here’s a list of items i bring frequently overseas,
– Smart Phone with GPS capability
– USB Phone Charger
– Mobile Phone Charger 5000mAh capacity at least (enough to charge iPhone 5 1.5 times)
– A Spare smart phone for local SIM card
– Local currency as spare cash
– Travel Adapter with USB Charging port (1.0A at least per port)
– Soap bar
I don’t have the mood to articulate my thoughts now, but let me put this on my list for now.
These are schools in the world with post-secondary education, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_education#List_of_countries_with_free_post-secondary_education