I have been a avid fan of Apple MacBook. Here’s how it goes,
To reset your OS X password without an OS X CD you need to enter terminal and create a new admin account:
– Hold Command + s down after you hear the chime.
– When you get text prompt enter in these terminal commands to create a brand new admin account (hitting return after each line):
mount -uw /
shutdown -h now
After rebooting you should have a brand new admin account. When you login as the new admin you can simply delete the old one and you’re good to go again!
1. Start up from a Mac OS X Install disc (one whose version is closest to the version of Mac OS X installed).
2. Usually, you can start from the disc by putting it in your computer, restarting, and holding the C key. Or, put it in the computer and click the Install or Restore icon you see in the disc’s main window (after which the computer will start from the disc without you needing to hold C). Or, you can use Startup Manager.
3. Choose a language, click the arrow button to continue, then choose Reset Password from the Utilities menu (or from the Installer menu, if using Mac OS X 10.3.9 or earlier). Tip: If you don’t see this menu or menu choice, you’re probably not started from the CD yet.