Windows 7 is really stunning. I’ve had quite a good bit of impression here with this operating system. These are solely based on my personal experience with se7en. Btw i’ve been a user of DOS till Windows 7/Server 2008, inclusive of debian/slackware as my favourite list in the opensource technologies and macosx which i’ve used for a year during my course of work at a gaming studio.
Here are what took me by surprise,
- Good multitasking capability (slower background tasks – thus faster foreground tasks)
- Good boot-up timing of ~15 seconds
- Good installation speed of <15 minutes
- Faster file copying speed, comparable with TeraCopy on Windows XP
- Good Snipping Tool, alike with Hypersnap I used in Windows XP
- Windows Firewall with Advanced Security (this was bundled with Windows Server 2008 initially)
– additional default 80 inbound rules iirc
– domains isolation with windows
– SSL app layer + IPsec network layer + 802.1x datalink = formidable
– if anybody's interested in WFAS, here's where they can go to, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772715(WS.10).aspx
with windows7, the aesthetics and performance gain makes your computer much more appealing to use again, other than work. work is never work again! :):)
good night people, and you. and most of all you whom i honour dearly.